Please read below newly implemented policies put in place to ensure the safety and good health for our clients and our staff. These policies were developed by the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists and are approved by the Department of Health. These policies will be in effect starting June 5, 2020.
• If you are feeling ill or are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, it is imperative that you stay home. We can always reschedule your appointment or schedule a virtual care appointment through video call while your symptoms persist. COVID-19 symptoms include fever, cough (new or worsening), sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sneezing, nasal congestion or runny nose, hoarse voice, diarrhea, unusual fatigue, loss of sense of smell or taste, red/purple/blueish lesions on the feet, toes or fingers without clear cause.
• Non-medical, fabric, or homemade masks are required for each appointment. Please ensure you bring a mask with you for each visit. Our staff is required to wear masks as well and will wear them throughout your treatment session.
• We no longer have a waiting room available. Please do not enter the clinic until your scheduled appointment time.
• A Covid-19 screening process will take place each time you come for an appointment. This will consist of a short questionnaire and a record of your temperature using an infrared forehead thermometer.
• After the screening process you will be directed to a hand-washing station. Our staff will then bring you to your treatment room.
• Please do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment unless absolutely necessary (guardian of child under 18, translator, etc.). If you need to have someone in the treatment room with you, please let reception know in advance of your appointment so that appropriate accommodations can be made.
• Please bring as few personal belongings as possible.
• Be prepared to observe social distancing requirements in the clinic. Maintain a 6-foot/2-metre distance while in the clinic.
• We will no longer be accepting cash payments. Payments can be made using Debit, VISA, Mastercard, or AMEX.
*Virtual Care Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Hand Therapy appointments will remain available as an option for anyone who is immunocompromised, considered to be in a high-risk category, or for anyone who prefers this method of care during this time. This model remains to be supported by the Workers’ Compensation Board, most Motor Vehicle Insurance companies and most Private Insurance companies. Direct billing is available through most of these organizations.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation as we navigate through these unprecedented circumstances. As always, your health and safety remains our priority.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know by emailing: [email protected]